Your Essential Guide to Probate
Are you prepared to handle all of the necessary procedures and filing requirements in probate? The steps taken at the beginning of a probate case can set the tone for everything that follows- ensure that you have all of the necessary documents for filing while adhering to the timeline for filings and carrying it through to the final accounting and distribution. Don't miss this opportunity to build your skill set - register today!
- Discuss how to efficiently handle the opening of the estate.
- Review the typical timeline for probate filings.
- Gain valuable tips for handling tax issues associated with probate.
- Follow thorough closing procedures so accounting is complete before distribution takes place.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will allow attendees to effectively navigate probate. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- The Initial Filing: Opening the Estate
- Documents to Include and Required Notices
- Timeline for Proper Probate Filings
- Inventory and Administration of the Estate
- Tips for Minimizing Estate Tax Burdens
- Closing the Estate- Final Accounting and Distribution
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty credits