Effectively Avoid Inaccuracies in Legal Writing
Nobody likes making mistakes! However, in legal documents, those mistakes and errors can cause serious problems down the road. This insightful course will guide you through ways to find mistakes in grammar, punctuation and capitalization. Discover how to spot the most common errors in legal writing and learn tactful ways to point them out to your boss, saving them the embarrassment and making you invaluable to your firm - register today!
- Develop efficient proofreading methods to avoid common errors.
- Learn how to avoid common organizational difficulties.
- Discuss effective ways to bring up errors to attorneys.
- Review steps to enhance your writing to be more concise and persuasive.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level course will provide attendees with guidance on how to help prevent common writing errors in legal documents. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- The Most Common Errors in English and Legal Writing Grammar
- Punctuation and Capitalization Tips
- Proofreading: Commonly-Overlooked Mistakes
- Organizational Pitfalls
- Improper or Outdated Citations
- Bringing up Mistakes to Attorneys in a Delicate Manner
- 5 Steps to Better, More Concise and Persuasive Writing
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 3.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 3.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 3.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 3.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 3.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 3.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 3.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 3.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 3.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 3.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 3.00
* denotes specialty credits