Conquer Difficult Situations With Ease
The interactions a paralegal has throughout the day can pose many ethical traps. Don't fall prey to those traps! This insightful course will guide you through effective approaches to effectively and ethically manage communication both in and out of the office, protect confidential financial information and avoid offering unintended legal advice. Gain tips to maintain your ethical integrity - register today!
- Learn how to tackle delicate client situations in an ethical manner.
- Discuss the paralegal's responsibilities for handling client fees, bills and other financial information.
- Take a closer look at what paralegals should do when unethical attorney behavior is encountered.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to ethically handle uncomfortable situations. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Ethically Handling Sensitive Client Communications
- Discussing Client Fees, Billing and Other Financial Information
- Sensitively Handling Unethical Attorney Behavior
- Avoiding Unauthorized Practice of Law
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 2.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 2.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 2.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 2.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 2.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 2.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 2.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 2.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 2.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 2.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 2.00
* denotes specialty credits