A Paralegal's Guide to LLC Operating Agreements
Do you have a full understanding of the provisions used in operating agreements? This insightful course will walk you through the elements of an operating agreement along with what issues need to be addressed, special provisions that may be necessary, and taxation considerations. Handle your next LLC operating agreement with ease - register today!
- Understand the purpose of an operating agreement.
- Recognize concerns that need to be addressed within the agreement.
- Review how distribution and allocation provisions can impact taxation.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to effectively handle the paralegal duties associated with LLCs. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Overview: The Purpose of the Operating Agreement
- Identifying Issues to Address in the Agreement (With Real World Examples)
- Drafting Basics and Special Provisions
- Crafting a More Effective Operating Agreement
- Operating Agreements for Special Purposes
- Drafting Mistakes to Avoid
- LLC Taxation: Distribution and Allocation Provisions
- Sample Checklists and Operating Agreement
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty credits