A Paralegal's Guide to Medicare Liens and Set-Asides in Personal Injury
Are you up to speed on the requirements and compliance issues surrounding Medicare liens and set-asides? Working through the ever-changing maze of requirements and procedures is not an easy task. This program will provide you with up-to-date and correct information you need to ensure timely and proper resolution of MSP recovery claims. Minimize exposure to Medicare for claim-related, post-settlement medical expenditures - register today!
- Review Medicare Secondary Payer Act (MSP) requirements and compliance concerns.
- Understand the paralegal's role in the verification of conditional payments.
- Learn the in's and out's of the Medicare Secondary Payer Recovery Portal.
- Discover how to properly prepare Medicare set-aside proposals in injury cases.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to effectively manage Medicare liens and set-asides. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Medicare Secondary Payer Act (MSP) - Requirements and Compliance Issues
- Conditional Payment Process
- Using the Medicare Secondary Payer Recovery Portal
- Medicare Set-Asides
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 3.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 3.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 3.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 3.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 3.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 3.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 3.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 3.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 3.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 3.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 3.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 3.00
* denotes specialty credits