A Paralegal's Guide to Litigation
Successfully navigating through litigation depends on the cohesiveness of the entire litigation team with paralegals playing an integral part. Are you prepared to steer through the tasks and duties involved? This insightful course will provide you with the tools you need to effectively handle and prepare important pleadings, motions and briefs as well as provide tips for organizing and maintaining the case. Hone your litigation skills and prove your value to your firm - register today!
- Learn tips for writing effective pleadings, motions and briefs.
- Discuss how to create and maintain discovery requests and responses.
- Gain valuable insight on preparing accurate and reliable deposition summaries.
- Review methods to stay on top of managing and organizing documents and case files.
- Explore ways to proficiently plan for and assist with cases that go to trial.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will provide litigation best practices attendees can put to work immediately. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Preparing Pleadings, Motions and Briefs
- Discovery Requests, Responses and Document Productions
- Depositions: Scheduling, Preparation and Summaries
- Litigation Case Management, Organization and Communication
- Trial Preparation and Assistance
- Ethics for Litigation Paralegals
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits