A Paralegal's Guide to Combatting "Rambo" Litigators
"Rambo" litigators thrive on making things difficult for others. At some point, you may come into contact with someone like this. Do you know how to navigate through your day-to-day duties with the ability to combat these unsavory tactics? Join our experienced faculty as they address what defines a "Rambo" litigator, and how to recognize and avoid falling into their traps. Don't miss this opportunity to learn valuable tools to protect your firm - register today!
- Understand what makes an attorney a "Rambo" litigator by identifying key characteristics.
- Discuss how to obtain discovery you suspect is being purposely withheld.
- Learn important tips for handling communication and correspondence with "Rambo" litigators.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will allow attendees to effectively handle interactions with "Rambo" litigators. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Characteristics of a "Rambo" Litigator
- Getting the Documents and Discovery You are Entitled To
- What to do When You Suspect Relevant Discovery is Being Hidden
- Communication and Correspondence Tips for Paralegals
- Why Does "Rambo" Exist? Helping Attorneys Combat Hidden Agendas
- Alerting the Attorney: Recognizing the Dirty Tricks of the "Rambo" Litigator
- Understanding the Common Remedies to Combat "Rambo" Litigation
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now