Practical How-to's and Tips - From Requests to HIPAA to Organization and Medical Summaries
Are you taking all the necessary precautions to ensure compliance with HIPAA? Do you know the best methods for sorting and organizing medical records? This focused program is designed to provide you with practical medical record how-to's, pointers and tips for troubleshooting common problems. From requesting medical records to preparing effective medical summaries, don't miss this opportunity for real-world instruction. Register today!
- Learn how to utilize all the tools in your arsenal to obtain the medical records you need.
- Ensure proper handling of protected health information to avoid running afoul of HIPAA.
- Examine how to effectively organize medical records by walking through sample scenarios.
- Gain useful resources for deciphering medical symbols, terminology and abbreviations.
- Know what you need to look for, where to find it and what crucial details often go overlooked.
- Discover how to make sense of electronic medical record metadata/audit trails.
- Find out how to prepare effective medical summaries and chronologies.
This is a rebroadcast of the original webcast delivered by Mila Carlson and Susie McGregor-Huyer on December 1, 2016. Faculty will be available to answer your questions after the program.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to effectively request, organize, review and summarize medical records. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- How to Request Medical and Billing Records
- HIPAA Compliance, Policies to Protect PHI and Breaches
- Organizing Medical Records (Real-World Examples)
- Reviewing Medical Records and Billings
- Electronic Medical/Health Records (EMRs/EHRs)
- Preparing Medical Summaries and Chronologies (w/Samples)
- Medical Record Ethics
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now