Discovery Essentials for Federal Court
Learn the nuances of managing the discovery process for cases in federal court! From understanding the rules and procedures of federal court to effective discovery requests and responses, this course will provide you with the tools you need to successfully guide cases through the discovery process and aid your attorney. Register today!
- Learn tips and tricks for calculating and meeting critical federal court deadlines.
- Apply the rules to interrogatories, requests for admissions and requests for production.
- Keep up to date with changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will assist attendees in building their federal court discovery skills. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Federal Court Discovery Rules and Procedures
- Discovery Under the New Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Federal Court Discovery Deadlines and Calendaring
- Preservation and Legal Holds
- Discovery Plan and Initial Disclosures
- Depositions in Federal Court Proceedings
- Interrogatories, Requests for Admissions and Requests for Production
- Proper Responses and Objections to Discovery Requests
- Scope of Discovery and Supplementation
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now