What You Need to Know About Trusts in One Convenient, Condensed Guide
Do you know the various types of trusts and their differences? Do you know how to properly structure trust provisions to accomplish different client goals? Can you confidently navigate the trust administration process? In this program, seasoned faculty will walk you through the lifecycle of a trust from initial planning to termination. Don't miss this opportunity for practical, step-by-step instruction on trusts designed specially for paralegals - register today!
- Review the different types of trusts, what they do and when they're used.
- Learn how to create trusts for tax, Medicaid planning, creditor protection and other goals.
- Find out how to properly transfer real estate and other assets into a trust.
- Navigate the trust administration process from beginning to trust termination.
- Walk through a sample trust accounting.
- Come away with sample forms and checklists you can incorporate into your everyday tasks.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees everything they need to know about trusts. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Overview and Types of Trusts
- Trust Drafting Made Simple
- Funding Trusts; Preparing Deeds/Other Transfer Documents
- Trust Administration: Initial Steps and Process Overview
- Taxes, Distributions and Trust Accounting
- Paralegal Ethics
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 5.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 5.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now