Confidently Assess Problems and Cure Defects
Ensuring marketable title has never been more important than in today's real estate market. Make sure you're prepared for any complication or cloud on title with a solid foundation of title law knowledge. At this program, you'll walk through the title examination process step by step - from the mechanics of the title search to curing defects and drafting the title commitment. Don't miss this opportunity to build your skills. Register today!
- Learn best practices for curing the most common title defects so you can ensure clear title.
- Prevent real estate transactions from falling through because of a break in the chain of title, legal description errors or unreleased secured loans.
- Find out how to handle access, easement and encroachment problems.
- Obtain releases for judgment liens, mechanic's liens and other claimed interests attached to real property.
- Learn how to prepare and draft the title insurance commitment, quit claim deeds and other legal documents for transfer of ownership of property.
- Confidently review surveys and find out what red flags to watch for.
- Negotiate title insurance coverage and arrange for the purchase of insurance.
- Augment your title insurance knowledge with insights into endorsements.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will allow attendees to identify, assess and cure title defects. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- The Paralegal's Guide to Conducting the Title Search and Examination
- Curing Top Title Defects - The Paralegal's Role
- Ethical Issues in Title
- Quiet Title Actions
- Title Insurance Endorsements and Exceptions
- Drafting the Title Insurance Commitment and Closing Letters
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00 *
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now