Eligibility, Interplay of Benefits, Transfer and Protection Strategies, Applications, Appeals and Liens
Enhance your understanding of both Medicaid and VA benefits! In this program, knowledgeable faculty will walk you through key regulations and the interplay of different benefits. Then, they will follow that up with practical how-to's and strategies for asset transfers, applications, appeals, and administering an estate when Medicaid/VA has asserted a lien. Don't miss this opportunity for practical insights and tips - register today!
- Navigate the differences and interplay of Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security and VA benefits.
- Get up to date with the latest Medicaid and VA laws and regulations.
- Review the Medicaid eligibility rules to enhance your asset protection strategies and preparation of Medicaid applications.
- Find out how to effectively incorporate VA benefits with Medicaid planning.
- Uncover effective transfer and protection strategies to qualify clients for Medicaid.
- Pick up pointers for completing Medicaid applications and handling appeals.
- Discover how to best deal with Medicaid and VA liens when handling probate estates.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to handle the paralegal duties associated with Medicaid and VA benefits. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Medicaid vs. Medicare vs. Social Security: Overview of Differences and Interactions
- Medicaid and VA Legislative and Regulatory Updates
- Medicaid Eligibility: How Determination of Approval is Made
- Interplay of Medicaid and VA Benefits
- Transfer and Protection Strategies
- Medicaid Applications: Start to Finish
- Appealing Denials of Eligibility, Diagnostic Tests, Services and Prescriptions
- Medicaid and VA Benefits in Estate Administration
- Paralegal Ethics
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now