Ensure Complete Disclosures and Prevent Misrepresentations
Review the due diligence process, get perspectives of both buyer/seller, and gain the key information you'll need to assist in getting the business sale (or purchase) off on the right foot. Register today!
- Learn what buyers and sellers need to include in their letters of intent.
- Gain insight on purpose and objectives, processes, procedures and duties.
- Learn preparation pointers, review the transaction agreement and get helpful sources for paralegals.
- Discover how to draft due diligence documents.
- Get handy tips for handling difficult due diligence issues.
- Identify interferences and assess risk for your attorney.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to handle duties arising in the sale/purchase or merger of a business. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Purpose and Objectives
- Paralegal Processes, Procedures and Duties
- Preparation Pointers (w/Sample Checklists and Lists)
- Review of the Transaction Agreement (w/Example)
- Due Diligence Sources for Paralegals (w/Sample Lists)
- Drafting Due Diligence Documents (w/Examples)
- Handling Difficult Due Diligence Issues - Tips for Paralegals
- Identifying Interferences and Assessing Risk for Your Attorney
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now