Discovery Requests/Responses, Medical Records, Social Media, Smartphone Evidence and More
Do you know the secrets to effective discovery requests and responses in injury cases? Do you know how to best handle sticky electronic evidence issues? This focused program will provide you with investigative, formal discovery and evidence strategies in injury cases - from initial client interview to evidence and witness preparation. Pick up practical pointers, avoid pitfalls and learn how to overcome common discovery frustrations - register today!
- Start the case off on the right foot with an effective client interview and investigation.
- Detangle key insurance policies in personal injury cases.
- Learn critical do's and don'ts for working with insurance adjusters.
- Avoid HIPAA landmines when handling medical records and protected health information.
- Get tips on locating, vetting and working with expert witnesses in injury cases.
- Navigate social media, smartphone, Fitbit and other electronic evidence discovery issues.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees investigation, discovery and evidence strategies in personal injury cases. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Initial Client Interview/Intake and Legal Research in Injury Cases
- Insurance Coverage Examination and Working with Adjusters
- Accident Scene Investigation, Police Reports, Employment Records
- HIPAA and Medical Records
- Working Effectively with Doctors and Other Experts in the Injury Case
- Social Media, Smartphone Data, Fitbit and More in Personal Injury Litigation
- Leveraging Discovery Requests, Responses and Motions in PI Cases
- Preparing Witnesses, Exhibits, Evidence to Substantiate Liability, Injuries and Damages
- Avoiding Ethical Pitfalls in PI Discovery
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00 *
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now