Litigation Processes, Procedures and Best Practices - With Checklists to Guide You
This start-to-finish program is designed to build your understanding of litigation processes/procedures - and the most efficient paralegal practices for each step of the way. Set up an effective calendaring system to avoid the dreaded missed deadline; draft and file pleadings, motions, discovery requests and briefs; discover the best case management tools and more. Enhance your knowledge and come away with real-world knowledge, tricks and resources - register today!
- Tighten up your knowledge of litigation processes and procedures.
- Gain pointers for drafting and filing pleadings, motions and briefs.
- Calculate and calendar key court deadlines and other events.
- Learn how to effectively draft discovery requests/responses and manage the discovery process.
- Keep it together: find out how to effectively manage files, correspondence, incoming documents and more.
- Obtain insights on preparing for and assisting at hearings and trial.
- Walk away with checklists to ensure efficiency at each stage of litigation.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will provide the necessary skills for attendees to effectively assist with litigation. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Initial Case Assessment and Intake
- Preparing and Filing Pleadings, Motions and Briefs
- Court Deadlines and Calendaring
- Drafting Discovery Requests and Responses
- Cutting-Edge Case Management, Document Control and Organization
- Hearing and Trial Preparation
- Ethics for Litigation Paralegals
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits