Document, Calculate and Help Negotiate Damages in Personal Injury Cases
Are you utilizing the latest tactics for retrieving, reviewing, tracking and organizing damage information? Are you looking for insights on putting a value on pain, suffering and other difficult damages? Don't miss any general or special damages that may apply to a personal injury suit. Learn to analyze and quantify the effect of an injury on the plaintiff's current and future life to help attorneys maximize or contest the recovery. Register today!
- Get tips for requesting, organizing and reviewing medical records.
- Assess medical expenses and lost earnings by staying on top of medical/therapy bills and income documentation
- Find out how to effectively document and value pain, suffering and emotional distress.
- Distinguish current injury from pre-existing and recurring conditions.
- Discover how to track down liens and deal with different lienholders.
- Learn how to prepare winning demand letters and assist with negotiations.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to handle damages in personal injury cases. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Damages in an Injury Suit - A Brief Overview
- Medical Records and HIPAA Compliance
- Medical Expenses and Loss of Earnings/Opportunities - Past, Present and Future
- Pain, Suffering and Emotional Distress
- Exacerbation/Aggravation of Pre-Existing Injury - Strategic Approaches
- Disfigurement, Impairment, Disability and Other Damages
- Sources of Recovery and Liens
- Drafting an Effective Demand Letter
- Legal Ethics
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits