Lakefield Veterinary Group is a family-owned veterinary hospital acquisition company preserving the independence and local legacy for veterinarians looking to sell their practice, with over 60 locations in nine states (and growing). Lakefield is a values-driven workplace built on five core values: Respect, Learning, Do the Right Thing, WOW Service, and Fun. At Lakefield, meaningful contributions to veterinary medicine and impactful experiences on your professional journey go hand-in-hand. Lakefield is also dedicated to improving the lives of both pets and their human companions, partnering with WorldVets for annual spay and neuter trips in South America.
ABOUT OUR TEAM:
Lakefield Veterinary Group is looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join the Legal and M&A team. We are a group of self-starters with great ideas, who meet challenges head on in creative, collaborative, and efficient ways. We are looking for a candidate who will thrive in this environment. Our office is pet-friendly and we are looking for a pet-loving individual to join our fast-paced team.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As the sole Corporate Paralegal on the team, you will primarily provide legal support for the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel for Lakefield Veterinary Group. You will provide support for M&A transactions, help maintain our growing portfolio of veterinary hospitals, and assist with general corporate governance of the company’s subsidiaries and other affiliated entities as needed. Lakefield offers a hybrid-work schedule with 3 days in the office and 2 days at home, allowing flexibility in your schedule.
- Entity Management (~15% of your time) – assisting with corporate entity governance, maintaining accurate shareholder records, assisting with annual reports, business licenses, and permits, and researching changes at federal, state, and local levels regarding any changes or additions to licensing requirements or statutes affecting the company’s businesses.
- M&A (~40% of your time) – providing support to the M&A Team, General Counsel, Associate General Counsel, and company leadership with transactions, preparing/managing pre-closing, post-closing, and diligence checklists, assisting with due diligence review, supporting disclosure schedule review/compilation, managing necessary third-party assignments and payoff confirmations, completing process for onboarding commercial leases, coordinating document delivery for closings, assisting with assumed name filings, compiling closing notebooks, and managing escrow calendar and tracker.
- Insurance (~10% of your time) – obtaining certificates of insurance and other insurance information for lenders, vendors, and landlords, and maintaining current certificates of insurance for landlords.
- Legal Proceedings (~5% of your time) – assisting in discovery requests, and support for ongoing matters.
- General (~30% of your time) – proofreading agreements, letters, and applications, updating/maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems and trackers, providing project management and/or related support to projects as they arise, assisting with record retention and document storage, supporting/collaborating with other teams to provide back-up/cross-functional support, demonstrating a positive, professional, and customer-oriented attitude about the company with team members, hospital/field teams, leadership, and others, whether the contact is by e-mail, telephone, or in person, and performing other duties or projects as requested/assigned.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR (Essential Qualifications):
- 4 year degree in relevant field (in addition, completion of paralegal or legal assistant program), or equivalent education/work experience
- 5-10 years of law firm or in-house paralegal experience
- Notary, or willing to become a notary and meets State qualifications to become a notary
- Experience in M&A and general corporate matters, preferred
- Experience in real estate, insurance, labor & employment, or related legal fields, a plus.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality in a very open and transparent environment
Knowledge, skills, and ability:
- Proficient in Teams and Microsoft Office products, especially editing ability in Word and Adobe
- Sufficient experience with document management and retention programs (i.e. DropBox, OneDrive, etc.)
- Open to learning and utilizing new technological systems
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong judgement skills and ability to problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills
To apply, please send your resume to Alan Munro, Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com
$70,000 - $80,000 DOE