Job Title: Case Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Category: Exempt
Type of Position: Full-Time
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Injury Law Group NW (ILGNW) is a law firm with a singular focus: providing compassionate and effective legal representation to people injured or damaged by the carelessness and negligence of others. With a dedicated and proactive team of lawyers, and support staff, we believe it is absolutely critical to earn and maintain the trust with every client. We provide world class service and support to each client at every step of the legal process.
We are looking for a talented professional to join our team, who knows what it means to provide engaging and unprecedented service to our clients right from the start. At ILGNW, we are proud of our office environment which nurtures mentorship, inspires enthusiasm, and motivates employees to put forth their best efforts in achieving firm goals.
Case Manager Overview
This job represents all that is unique about our personal injury law group. The Case Manager supports our attorneys in all aspects of legal case preparation and file management; from client intake through settlement including routine investigations and trial preparation.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
Regular client communication to identify treatment updates, address client questions or concerns, and any other issues that need to be resolved.
Create, setup, organize and manage case files.
Maintain and update physical and electronic files, and scan documents using the firm’s Case Management Software, TrialWorks.
Coordinate, schedule, and calendar various case related appointments such as, mediations, depositions, administrative proceedings, etc.
Assist with filing and serving of court documents and calendaring case schedules.
Draft pleadings, discovery, and various legal correspondences such as demand letters for review and finalization by attorney.
Identify and initiate contact with all claim related parties.
Coordinate with all medical providers and vendors to obtain and ensure receipt of all medical records and bills, including final payment ledgers for each client.
Ensure on-time delivery of outgoing email, postal mail, messenger deliveries, overnight deliveries, and faxes.
Assist Director of Operations as needed in support of cases.
Qualifications and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience required.
- 1+ years’ prior experience in the personal injury and/or medical malpractice field.
- Experience providing administrative support in the legal field.
- Solid understanding of Washington state case law and court rules (federal, state, and local).
- High-level proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply principles of technology and new
- software such as Westlaw and TrialWorks.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively organize work, manage time and execute multiple
- projects concurrently while working under aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to move files forward and towards settlement without
- compromising quality.
- Excellent internet research and investigation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including the ability to maintain patience and understanding while working with clients under difficult circumstances.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to draft, transcribe, proofread, and edit correspondence, reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining excellent communication with team members.
- Strong professional ethics, reliability and accountability required. • Knowledge of medical terminology a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Salary & Benefits
ILGNW provides a competitive salary and exceptional health, dental, and vision benefits. We are also a dog-friendly employer.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Room for growth and opportunity.
For more information about our company visit: https://injurylawgroupnw.com/
To apply, email cover letter (including salary requirements), resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include " ILGNW Case Manager" in the subject line
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.