The world's leading aerospace company is seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join the Law Department within the Litigation practice group in our Washington office.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding people skills and the ability to work with a wide range of personalities and practice groups via telephone, e-mail, and in-person contact, be a team player, and have a combination of persistence and an ability to navigate through multiple layers of a complex organization like Boeing. The ideal candidate will also have the ability to exercise sound judgment, experience with a high-volume caseload, and a desire to keep learning in an ever-changing environment.
This role can be located at any of the following: Renton, WA; Tukwila, WA; Seattle, WA; Auburn, WA or Everett, WA. The main office will be in Seattle, WA with travel between sites as needed.
- Provide in-house paralegal support for general litigation matters
- Respond to third-party subpoenas
- Support the work of the attorneys in connection with internal and external investigations
- Locate information and data custodians
- Schedule and participate in investigative interviews
- Collect, review or process data/documents for discovery or investigations
- Prepare interview memoranda
- Communicate with internal clients and outside counsel
- General matter management, including issuing and maintaining document preservation notices
- May be required to drive own personal vehicle to different Boeing locations to collect/drop off documents, conduct witness interviews, etc. (Reimbursement for mileage will be provided per Boeing policy)
- Some domestic travel may be required
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- A minimum of five (5) years of litigation experience in either a law firm or corporate law department
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working with Microsoft Office Applications
- Paralegal Certificate or Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience collecting documents and managing productions, including e-discovery
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 7 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+5 years' related work, Bachelor+2 years' related work, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift