Essential HIPAA Guidance You Need to Know
Paralegals are tasked with finding and retrieving records for various cases. Are you up to speed on the ins and outs of HIPAA compliance to properly acquire and safeguard protected health information? This insightful course will guide you through HIPAA requirements and how they pertain to situations that may arise while gathering and managing patient records and information. Confidently acquire all necessary info - register today!
- Learn how to obtain confidential information.
- Discuss ways to work with challenging medical providers.
- Review how to handle receiving records for the wrong patient.
- Explore methods for finding additional patient information.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to remain in compliance with HIPAA. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- HIPAA Requirements and Updates
- How to Obtain Confidential Information
- Tips for Dealing with Difficult Medical Providers
- What to do When a Provider Produces Records for the Wrong Patient
- Uncovering Additional Patient Info
- Storing Medical Records - Electronic Storage, Data Privacy and Security Considerations
- Discarding Medical Records
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
https://ipe.nbi-sems.com/ProductDetails/HIPAA-Compliance-for-Paralegals-Obtaining-and-Maintaining-Records/Audio-Webinar/80092ER?N=63995* denotes specialty credits