Navigate the Ins and Outs of Handling Workers' Compensation Cases
Whether you're a novice in the workers' comp legal arena or veteran looking for a refresher course, this program is for you! Our experienced faculty will give defense and plaintiff-side paralegals the tools they need to help evaluate cases, follow increasingly complex claims procedures, manage expedited deadlines and assist in the construction of a strong workers' compensation case. You will also learn how to obtain, review, summarize and organize medical records without running into potential HIPAA violations. Register today!
- Receive a practical overview of claim procedures and paralegals' duties in workers' comp cases.
- Find out how to help build a strong case on behalf of the claimant and the employer.
- Get detailed instructions for client interviews and discover what documentation needs to be gathered.
- Pick up strategies and software solutions for keeping up with expedited deadlines in workers' comp cases.
- Discover how to draft effective pleadings, manage depositions and prepare engaging trial exhibits.
- Figure out how to screen medical experts and properly handle medical information.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to effectively handle the paralegal duties associated with workers' compensation cases. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Overview of Workers' Compensation and the Paralegal's Role
- Initial Case Preparations on Behalf of the Claimant and the Employer
- Establishing an Effective Docketing System to Stay on Top of Deadlines
- Pleadings, Deposition and Hearing Duties of Paralegals
- Medical Examinations and Medical Records
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 3.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 3.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 3.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 3.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 3.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 3.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 3.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 3.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 3.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 3.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 3.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 3.00
* denotes specialty credits