Your Walkthrough of the Social Security Disability Claim Process
With Social Security disability claims on the rise, ensure you're fully equipped to help your attorney navigate through the SSD process. Take this essential course to master the maze of procedures, and learn definitions and tactics that will give you an edge in obtaining and evaluating evidence. Experienced faculty will walk you through the steps and share their methods for handling these claims, as well as provide you with invaluable tips that every paralegal needs to know to effectively assist with this process. Register today!
- Learn key medical concepts, terms, abbreviations and acronyms.
- Get valuable tips you'll need to know for the initial client interview.
- Find out what evidence is critical to obtain and how to get it.
- Discover steps for proper application preparation and presentation of evidence.
- Better understand the filing procedures and deadlines.
- Avoid common mistakes that lead to claim denial.
- Learn what "must-have" documents your attorney will need for the hearing.
- Understand the tangled relationship of SSDIB and workers' compensation to properly coordinate benefits.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will allow attendees to effectively handle Social Security disability claims. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Overview of Social Security Disability Benefits and Claims Process
- Client Intake
- Obtaining and Evaluating Evidence
- Special Issues in Social Security Disability Cases
- Coordinating SSDI With Other Benefits and Income Sources
- Proper Application Preparation and Presentation of Evidence
- Filing Procedures
- The SSDI Hearing
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits