Avoid Common Estate Administration Accounting and Distribution Errors
Estate administration can expose a paralegal to many different potential pitfalls. Are you prepared to handle each important step of this process to avoid costly and time-consuming mistakes? This insightful course will take a closer look at some of the top traps in estate administration, from improper handling of the estate assets to creditor claims, the final account and more. Avoid falling into these damaging estate administration traps - register today!
- Review how to effectively prepare the inventory and assess estate assets to prevent costly errors.
- Learn how to investigate and deal with creditor claims to avoid mismanagement.
- Gain pointers on how to avoid common mistakes made while balancing the final account.
- Discover how to deal with sticky issues such as loaned items, inadvertent distributions and beneficiary disputes.
- Spot common ethical traps - and learn how to avoid them.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to effectively dodge pitfalls in estate administration accounting and distribution. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Inventory Preparation Errors and Mishandling Estate Assets
- Mismanagement of Creditor Claims
- Common Mistakes in Balancing the Final Account
- Improper Distribution of Estate Assets to Beneficiaries
- Potential Ethical Pitfalls for Paralegals
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits