Proficiently Recuperate Unpaid Balances
Research and document preparation are key components in any collection matter you work on. Are you confident in your abilities to work through issues in order to avoid costly delays? Do you understand how the FDCPA impacts your business and communications with debtors/clients? Whether you have years under your belt or are working on your first collections-related case - this is the paralegal-tailored program you've been looking for with tried and true tactics you can take back to your desk and utilize right away. Register today!
- Ensure your written communications with clients and debtors are in compliance with the FDCPA.
- Identify effective resources for conducting thorough, initial investigations.
- Review the process for commencing the action.
- Discuss what needs to be done to properly close the file.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to effectively handle a collection case. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- FDCPA Compliance Guidance
- Initial Investigation - Information to Obtain Up Front
- Skip Tracing - Intentional vs. Unintentional
- Commencing the Action
- Collecting Post-Judgment: Methods That Work
- Post-Collection Actions and Closing the File
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty credits