Your Guide for Handling Medicare and Medicaid Liens
Do you know the ins and outs of Medicare and Medicaid liens? Can you efficiently make your way through the new Medicare Secondary Payer Recovery Portal? This essential course will guide you through the processes and procedures for Medicare conditional payment recovery, the notification process for CMS and much more! Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your knowledge and play a key role in the process - register today!
- Explore the most recent changes in conditional payment recovery.
- Review the recovery process for conditional payments from Medicare.
- Learn the current process for properly notifying CMS.
- Discuss how to effectively work through the new Medicare Secondary Payer Recovery Portal.
- Examine the essentials for establishing Medicare Set Asides.
- Evaluate the impact Medicaid can have on the case.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees about recent changes concerning Medicare and Medicaid liens. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Medicare Secondary Payer, Conditional Payments and Set-Asides: Recent Changes
- Medicare Conditional Payment Recovery
- CMS Notification Process and Communication Tips
- Navigating the Medicare Secondary Payer Recovery Portal
- Medicare Set Asides
- Understanding How Medicaid Impacts the Case
- The Medicaid Secondary Payer Statute and CMS 2390-F - New Requirements
- Paralegal Ethics
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits