A Primer for Paralegals on Federal Court
Preparing a federal court case can be a daunting task - but it doesn't have to be. This insightful course will walk you through what you need to know about the federal court process to ensure the firm's federal cases have the best chances for success. Enhance your understanding of federal court processes and procedures; stay on top of federal court deadlines; and successfully apply federal rules to key paralegal tasks. Confidently handle federal cases from initial filings to trial - register today!
- Get a better understanding of federal court rules.
- Learn how to properly calculate and calendar critical federal court deadlines.
- Prepare pleadings, motions, discovery requests and briefs under federal court rules and standards.
- Review how to adequately get ready for the federal court trial.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will allow attendees to effectively navigate the federal court process. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- An Overview of Federal Court Rules
- Determining Jurisdiction and Venue
- How to Remove a Case to Federal Court
- Federal Court Deadlines: Calculating and Calendaring
- Electronic Filing and Service of Documents
- Pleadings, Motions, Discovery Requests and Briefs in Federal Court
- Discovery and Document Management - Tips, Tricks and Best Practices
- How to Prepare for the Federal Court Trial
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty credits