Confidently Administer Decedents' Assets in Probate
Administering an estate requires impeccable attention to detail, a firm grasp of probate court procedures and a deep understanding of how assets are held, moved and taxed. This detailed course will help you prepare for any eventuality when probating an estate and provide you with practical forms and pointers. Hone your skills as a paralegal - register today!
- Walk through the probate procedure and get a firm timeline of events.
- Learn what assets are excluded from probate and how to maximize the use of these exceptions.
- Get detailed instructions for handling all forms of real estate ownership in probate.
- Analyze each element of an effective final accounting to prevent reopening estates.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will allow attendees to effectively manage assets in probate. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- The Probate Process
- Probate vs. Non-Probate Assets: With Forms and Checklists
- Real Estate in Probate: Titles, Procedures, Sale and Other Transfers
- Final Accounting and Tax Returns: Forms, Instructions, Procedures
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 3.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 3.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 3.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 3.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 3.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 3.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 3.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 3.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 3.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 3.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 3.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 3.00
* denotes specialty credits