Investigate/Track Liens, Communicate with Lienholders and Pick up Resolution Tips
This program is designed to provide you with practical how-to's, tips and resources for handling liens in personal injury cases. Find out how to effectively identify, investigate and track potential liens; correspond with lienholders; and assist with lien negotiations/reductions. Don't miss this opportunity to improve your skills and value as a paralegal - register today!
- Receive a practical overview of subrogation and liens.
- Understand lien laws, regulations and recent changes.
- Gain pointers for investigating, tracking and resolving liens.
- Learn how to investigate ERISA liens and work with recovery agents.
- Obtain practical how-to's for handling Medicare liens and set-asides.
- Get the latest on Medicaid subrogation liens.
- Learn how to handle hospital, ambulance and workers' compensation liens.
This is a rebroadcast of the original webcast delivered by Kelly L. Centofanti, Ann S. Jacobs and Robert J. Kasieta on March 30, 2017. Faculty will be available to answer your questions after the program.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will provide attendees with guidance on handling liens in personal injury cases. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Subrogation and Liens - Simplified.
- Paralegal Processes and Procedures (w/Sample Forms, Docs and Checklists)
- ERISA Liens (w/Sample Forms, Docs and Checklists)
- MEDICARE Liens (w/Sample Forms, Docs and Checklists)
- MEDICAID Liens (w/Sample Forms, Docs and Checklists)
- Resolving Other Liens
- Ethics of Lien Resolution
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits