What to Look for, Where to Find it, How to Get it and What to do With it
Social media, text messages and other electronic evidence have had a huge impact on divorce matters - from support to child custody. Are you handling this evidence to the best of your ability? Our seasoned faculty will show you current best practices for investigating, collecting, producing and preparing electronic evidence in family cases. Don't miss this opportunity to build your skills - register today!
- Know exactly what to look for and where to find it.
- Find out how to use social media as an effective investigative tool.
- Learn how to obtain documents from social media and phone companies.
- Review ESI collection and production best practices.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course provides best practices for handling electronic evidence in divorce cases. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- How Social Media and Smartphone Evidence is Used in Divorce/Custody Cases
- What to Look for and Where to Find It
- Investigating Publicly-Available Info on Social Media
- Access Rights and Preventing Privacy Law Violations
- Obtaining Evidence via Discovery Requests to Opposing Party
- How to Subpoena Cell Phone and Social Media Records
- Collection and Production Best Practices
- Preparing Exhibits for Hearings and Divorce Trials
- Assisting With Authentication, Hearsay and Best Evidence Rule Issues
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty credits