A Practical Guide Filled With Intake, Drafting, Negotiation and Trial Tips
In every auto accident case, the stakes are high for everyone involved. No matter how similar the cases look - they're never the same. As a paralegal, your responsibilities can be key in uncovering the essence of the claim. Let us save you countless hours of trial-and-error by helping you to become versed in the essential elements of these cases. Our start-to-finish approach will equip you with the fundamental tools you need to confidently manage an auto injury case, from client intake until the case is closed. Deliver exactly what your attorneys expect, streamline the process and avoid missing any pertinent issues. Register today!
- Walk through an auto injury case, from the time of the collision through trial.
- Examine insurance coverage issues, such as subrogation, UM/UIM coverage and stacking.
- Learn how to effectively manage the discovery process and conduct a thorough review of responses.
- Locate, hire and assist in interviewing experts who will help bolster the case and support the evidence your team will be presenting.
- Draft settlement documents that will bring the case to a successful conclusion.
- Assist in managing and creating case-winning exhibits that are sure to grab the jury's attention.
- Know what to look for in medical records and where to find it.
- Gain practical tips for drafting demand letters that have an impact.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to effectively manage auto injury cases. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Case Intake, Coverage Interpretation, Issues and Hidden Treasures
- How to Best Assist During Discovery
- Demand Letters and Negotiating with Insurance Companies
- Damages and Settlement
- A Paralegal's Trial Checklist
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits