LLC Essentials, Formation Procedures, Operating Agreements and Taxation
Do you know the differences between LLCs, S corporations, C corporations and partnerships? Do you know how to navigate through the mechanics of forming and maintaining an LLC? This insightful course will give you a foundational understanding of LLCs and take you step-by-step through formation procedure, filings, drafting operating agreements, and LLC tax treatment. Don't miss this chance to pick up practical how-tos, tips, checklists and forms - register today!
- Understand the differences between LLCs and other entities.
- Review the initial steps and filing procedures for the articles of organization.
- Learn how to draft LLC operating agreements with checklists and sample language.
- Take a closer look into the tax treatment, forms, and filing requirements of LLCs.
- Discuss effective ways to maintain reports, filings and records associated with the LLC.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to effectively handle the paralegal duties associated with LLCs. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- LLCs vs. Partnerships vs. Corps: What Paralegals Need to Know
- Initial Steps and Filing the Articles of Organization
- Drafting LLC Operating Agreement Provisions (with Checklists and Sample Language)
- LLC Taxation: Walkthrough of Forms and Filing Requirements
- Maintaining LLCs: Reports, Filings, Company Books and Records
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
* denotes specialty credits