Develop a Plan to Prevent Costly Errors
Bad writing reduces credibility and wastes time and money for the entire legal profession. No attorney wants to be reprimanded by a judge about a poorly-written brief or motion. This course will offer you valuable insights on how to prevent this from happening! When you are handed a document to "revise and finalize," proofread it first. Find mistakes in grammar, punctuation and capitalization. Discover how to spot the most common errors in English and legal writing and tactful ways to point them out to your boss, saving them the embarrassment and making you invaluable to your firm. Register today!
- Learn valuable tips to avoid headaches due to common errors in grammar and punctuation.
- Discuss how remaining organized can prevent problems down the road.
- Review guidelines for proofreading so important details are not overlooked.
- Explore ways to tactfully mention mistakes to attorneys.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will provide attendees with guidance on how to help prevent common writing errors in legal documents. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- The Most Common Errors in English and Legal Writing Grammar
- Punctuation and Capitalization Tips
- Organizational Pitfalls
- Improper or Outdated Citations
- Proofreading: Commonly-Overlooked Mistakes
- Bringing up Mistakes to Attorneys in a Delicate Manner
- 5 Steps to Better, More Concise and Persuasive Writing
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty credits