Advanced Strategies for Handling the Most Common Probate Documents
You've been handling probate and estate cases for a while, but are you using advanced techniques to efficiently complete each step? Don't let the paperwork bog you down. This course provides detailed insight into the multi-faceted process of probate administration. Our faculty will show you how to handle creditors, beneficiaries, and the IRS with ease. You'll walk through sample forms with experienced practitioners, including testate and intestate forms and a full range of tax returns. Take your probate administration skills to the next level - register today!
- Learn the information you need at the outset to manage probate efficiently.
- Find out the documentation you need to appropriately sell or transfer assets.
- Keep beneficiaries informed about the estate with a K-1 report.
- Take charge of probate tax issues with improved drafting techniques for Form 706, 709 and more.
- Make your document management system work for you with streamlined e-filing and more.
- Get tips for properly terminating fiduciary responsibility over the estate.
Who Should Attend
This advanced level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to properly assist with drafting, organizing and filing probate administration documents. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Preparing for Estate Administration
- Managing the Estate's Assets
- Handling Creditors and Other Interested Parties
- Ensuring the Payment of Taxes
- Document Management Tips for Probate and Estate Filings
- Ethics for the Probate Paralegal
Continuing Education Credit
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty credits