Be Prepared to Assist with Family Law Cases
As a family law paralegal, it's your job to assist in helping clients through challenging issues with knowledge, insight and compassion. Developing these skills and sensitivity can take years to perfect, but you can get the knowledge and techniques you need in just one day. Gain insight from experienced faculty as they provide practical techniques, procedural tips and problem solving strategies critical to family law success. Register today!
- Gain tested tips for conducting a thorough investigation of facts.
- Simplify the process and avoid missing steps with our sample forms and checklists.
- Learn how to arrange attorney fees and/or retainer agreements.
- Draft divorce paperwork, including separation agreements, divorce pleadings and more.
- Analyze financial information in divorce cases, including taxes and business valuations.
- Better prepare financial statements.
- Gain tips for avoiding situations that may expose you to UPL.
- Learn how to calculate child support payments, file an order of support and enforce custody.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to effectively handle family law cases. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Handling the Divorce Case
- Analyzing Financial Information in Divorce Cases
- Legal Ethics
- Domestic Violence
- Child Custody and Support Issues
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now