Whether you're a seasoned IP paralegal or new to the intellectual property arena, this full-day legal program will provide up-to-date information, skills and current issues commonly faced with patents, trademarks, copyrights and unfair competition. Ensure that you're prepared to provide your attorney with helpful solutions, answers and litigation assistance to ensure their IP cases go as smooth as possible. Register today!
- Learn how the four fields of intellectual property are created, procedures to register them, duration of rights, infringement issues and new developments surrounding them.
- Equip yourself with essential IP skills from experienced professionals, including how to calculate IP damages.
- Discover what your colleagues are doing to stay on top of current issues in the field of intellectual property.
- Explore IP social media issues and challenges.
- Get sample applications, agreements and other useful documents that will save you and your attorney time and money.
- Find out how to overcome common IP ethical challenges paralegals commonly face to avoid risk and liability.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed for:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Overview of Intellectual Property Law: A Paralegal's Role
- 2017 IP Update for Paralegals
- IP Paralegal Skills Toolkit: Practical Tips From Experienced Professionals
- Intellectual Property and the Web
- Current IP Ethical Challenges Paralegals Face
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now