A Comprehensive Look at Wills and Trusts for Paralegals
Drafting wills and trusts requires precise attention to detail. Do you have the tools you need to effectively accomplish these tasks for your firm? This practical, straightforward guide will walk through what you need to know about the varieties of wills and trusts, effective drafting and review methods, and the tax considerations that must be factored in to the estate plan. Don't miss this opportunity to learn valuable tips and tricks in estate planning - register today!
- Learn about the different types of wills and trusts and the purposes for each.
- Discuss effective ways to gather critical information during the initial client meeting to get your case off on the right foot.
- Understand the paralegal's role in drafting and modifying wills.
- Take a closer look at key provisions used in trusts.
- Gain a better understanding of how a trust is funded and executed.
- Review the tax calculations and concerns that must be addressed in estate planning.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will walk attendees through key estate planning tools. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Understanding Types of Wills and Trusts
- Gathering Important Information
- Drafting, Reviewing and Modifying Wills
- Drafting, Reviewing and Amending Trusts
- Funding and Executing a Trust: A No-Nonsense Guide for Paralegals
- Estate Planning Tax Calculations and Considerations
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now