An Information-Packed, Fast-Paced Overview of Nonprofits
From articles of incorporation to the governance policies and procedures, there is a lot of important information for paralegals to keep track of. This fast-paced, insightful course will walk through the essentials for drafting the articles of incorporation to an overview of applicable bylaws, necessary forms and resolutions and minutes. Learn critical nonprofit highlights - register today!
- Run through the drafting fundamentals for article of incorporation.
- Review the steps for establishing a tax-exempt status with the IRS.
- Cover the highlights paralegals need to know about Form 1023 and 1024 and other essential applications.
- Understand the governance policies and procedures surrounding nonprofit organizations.
Who Should Attend
This course will teach attendees the essentials of nonprofit organizations. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Articles of Incorporation: Drafting Essentials
- Bylaws: Preparation Tips
- Establishing Tax-Exempt Status with the IRS
- Form 1023, 1024 and Other Applications - What You Need to Know
- Resolutions, Minutes and Other Governance Materials
- Governance Policies and Procedures
- Sample Documents and Checklists
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now