Maximize Your Value During Hearing Preparation and Attendance
Solid preparation is key to helping your attorney achieve a favorable outcome when bringing a workers' compensation claim before a judge. Have you dotted all of your i's and crossed all of your t's? In this program, our faculty will provide you with practical hints and tips that will help you ensure that the hearing goes smoothly. Build your skills - register today!
- Learn effective techniques for requesting and analyzing medical records.
- Find out how to organize medical records, employment records and other documentation for easy retrieval.
- Gain pointers for drafting hearing documents.
- Keep exhibits and witnesses coordinated and find ways to maximize their impact at the hearing.
- Uncover opportunities to show your value when assisting your attorney before and during the hearing.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to effectively handle the paralegal duties associated with workers' compensation hearings/trials. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Requesting and Examining Medical Records
- Necessary Filings
- Organizing Medical Records, Employment and Other Documentation
- Witness Interviews, Coordination and Subpoenas
- Preparing Exhibits for the Hearing
- Preparing Witness and Exhibit Lists
- Assisting at the Hearing and Post-Hearing Follow Up
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now