Filled With Checklists, Sample Documents and Case Studies
Drafting and preparing legal documents is a critical skill required by paralegals. Using boilerplates and editable forms will likely get the job done, but stepping outside of the template, gaining advanced document drafting abilities and understanding when (and how) to use them has the potential to make or break your attorney's case, reduce issues at trial and save your attorney and clients precious time and money. This comprehensive, engaging program will teach you, step by step, the key elements of drafting legal documents with real-world examples, sample papers and case studies. Register today!
- Create clear, logical and persuasive documents.
- Simplify the process of document review and collaboration with MS Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- Discover how going paperless can save your firm time, money and headaches.
- Gain summary judgment motion know-how.
- Get tips to ensure proper servicing and calendaring.
- Create a pleading that properly identifies all causes of action relevant to the case.
- Structure effective motions that are accurate, focused and persuasive.
- Draft clear, concise briefs that make review as easy as possible for the judge.
This is rebroadcast of the original webcast delivered by Heather A. Neal and John T. Shoaf on February 8, 2017. Faculty will be available to answer your questions after the program.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will assist attendees in advancing their legal document drafting skills. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- How to Draft Civil Pleadings: Sample Documents Included
- Drafting Discovery Requests and Responses
- Drafting Motions: Sample Documents Included
- Brief Writing Methods: Sample Documents Included
- Rules and Forms for Litigation Applications
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now