A Comprehensive Look at the Social Security Disability Claim Process
Navigating through the social security disability claim process can pose many challenges. Are you proficient in all aspects of the process to successfully guide your firm through it? This essential course will dissect the process step-by-step to provide you with the knowledge you need to stay on top of every detail along the way. From client interview to organizing medical evidence to a walkthrough of the application and filing procedures (and more), learn how to assist your firm - register today!
- Learn how to effectively evaluate claim potential.
- Explore how to collect all of the medical evidence necessary to support the claim.
- Walk through the best practices for establishing the claimant's disability timeline.
- Review application and filing procedure essentials.
- Learn how to proficiently assist with pre-hearing case preparation.
- Develop a plan for tackling and overcoming issues that may pop up while handling a claim.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will allow attendees to effectively navigate their way through the Social Security disability claim process. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Process Overview, Sample Checklist and Forms
- Client Intake, Contact and Working with Social Security Offices
- Gathering Medical Evidence to Support the Claim
- Building a Claimant’s Disability Timeline and Employment History
- Applications and Filing Procedures
- Pre-Hearing Case Preparation: Assisting Attorneys
- How to Troubleshoot Issues That Can Arise
- Paralegal Ethics
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now