Advanced Techniques for Superior Legal Research and Citation Management
Research faster, more easily and more precisely with this advanced, technical program. Let our experienced faculty visually demonstrate, step-by-step, how you can harness the full potential of the powerful tools at your fingertips. Discover the quickest ways to find the precise sources you need and explore innovative techniques for efficiently investigating multifaceted legal topics. Impress with results: learn how to polish your legal writing and generate flawless citations by utilizing cutting-edge technology. You'll also pick up tips and tricks and discover beneficial software tools to keep your research neatly organized. Become even more invaluable to your firm - register today!
- Find out how to swiftly hunt down substantive case law and evaluate it for its utility to the case.
- Discover how to quickly and proficiently perform research on complex legal topics and questions.
- Look deeper into public information to find parties and conduct background searches.
- Determine how to get straight to the point of legal opinions and cogently summarize the results.
- Learn how to confidently traverse the intimidating Bluebook through clear, step-by-step instructions and sample exercises.
- Avoid unauthorized practice of law traps and other ethical landmines.
Who Should Attend
This advanced level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to expertly conduct legal research. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Locating Specific Statutes or Case Law
- Case Law: You've Found It, Now What?
- Researching Complex Legal Topics and Questions
- The Paralegal's Guide to Locating Persons and Finding Background Information
- Reviewing and Summarizing Legal Opinions
- All About the Bluebook
- Research and Citation Management Tools
- Ethics in Legal Research
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now