Avoid Mistakes That Can Land You and Your Attorney in Hot Water
Administrative mistakes head the list of top reasons for legal malpractice claims. Are you taking the proper precautions? Get an update on the rules and hear an experienced faculty share their proven best practices for protecting your and your attorney's reputation - in and outside of the law office. Register today!
- Analyze and interpret the rules most relevant in administrative error cases.
- Adopt impeccable habits to prevent missing key dates and deadlines.
- Learn what inadvertent mistakes often result in "misuse of client funds" claims.
- Avoid common clerical errors, lost files or misplaced documents.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to confidently avoid administrative errors. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Secretaries
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Ethics Rules Implicated Most Often by Administrative Errors
- Failure to Complete Work by Deadline
- Mistakes in Preparation and Filing of Documents (With Deadlines and Without)
- Maintaining Files and Recordkeeping
- Clerical Errors, Lost Files or Misplaced Documents
- Failure to Take Proper Precautions with Trust Accounts
- When is the Error Egregious Enough to Get Your Attorney Sued or Sanctioned?
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 2.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 2.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 2.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 2.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 2.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 2.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 2.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 2.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 2.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 2.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 2.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now