Real-World Insights From a Professional Surveyor and Title Insurance Underwriting Counsel
Whether you are just entering the field or looking for a refresher course, this primer on surveys, plats and legal descriptions will benefit you and your legal team. Our experienced faculty will show you how to recognize what surveys, plats and legal descriptions are trying to tell you. Register today!
- Identify and understand the applications of the various types of surveys, plats and descriptions.
- Do a step-by-step analysis of sample documents to pinpoint title issues.
- Pick up practical how-tos and practice pointers for reviewing legal descriptions.
- Take away checklists and sample materials you can reference for future projects.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to effectively handle the paralegal duties associated with land surveys, plats, and legal descriptions in real estate matters. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- What Paralegals Need to Know: Role of Surveys and Legal Descriptions in Real Estate Transactions
- How to Read and Understand Surveys, Plats and Legal Descriptions
- Analyzing Surveys, Plats and Legal Descriptions for Errors
- Practical Guide to Effective Land Descriptions (with Samples)
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 3.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 3.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 3.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 3.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 3.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 3.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 3.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 3.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 3.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 3.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 3.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 3.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now