Practical Insights on Answering Written and Production Discovery
Do you know all the tips and tricks for making objections in discovery? Are you aware of the best approaches to reviewing, bates-stamping/indexing of documents and managing other aspects of the production process? In this program, seasoned faculty will share their hard-won insights for answering requests and handling traditional and electronic productions with finesse. Enhance your skills - register today!
- Obtain best practices for responding to interrogatories, RFAs, RFPs and other requests.
- Gain practical insights on making objections to discovery requests.
- Learn how to effectively review documents for privilege, responsiveness and other issues.
- Get pointers on bates-stamping, redaction, duplication and indexing of documents.
- Explore how to best manage electronic productions and work with PDF, TIFF and native file formats.
- Receive tips on keeping proper discovery, privilege and production logs.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed to give attendees the knowledge and skills they need to effectively answer written and production discovery. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Responding to Requests: Rules, Pitfalls and Tips
- Proper Use of Discovery Objections
- Document Review and Production
- Electronic Productions; Preserving, Collecting and Producing ESI
- PDF, TIFF and Native File Productions: Paralegal Tips and Tricks
- Discovery, Privilege and Production Logs (w/Samples)
- Ethical Issues in Discovery for Paralegals
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now