Public Records Laws, Requests and Responses - What You Need to Know
Are you making the most of publicly-available information? Do you know requesters' rights, public offices' obligations and the secrets to a successful public records request? Our knowledgeable faculty will detangle public records laws and provide you with practical pointers for getting what you want. Enhance your skills - register today!
- Walk through the essentials of public records laws.
- Know what information public agencies keep, what's public and what's off-limits.
- Gain best practices and tips for preparing a request for public records.
- Learn how to get the upper hand when playing public records tug-of-war.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will provide attendees with practical insights on public records laws and requests. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- How Public Records Laws Can Help Paralegals
- Basics of Public Records Laws
- Submitting a Request for Public Records and Getting Results
- Understanding How Public Agencies Must Respond to Records Requests
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 3.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 3.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 3.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 3.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 3.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 3.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 3.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 3.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 3.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 3.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 3.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 3.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now