A Comprehensive Federal Court Toolkit for Paralegals
Navigating through the federal court system can be stressful and intimidating. The process is extensive, and any deviation can potentially jeopardize the case. In this comprehensive full-day program, you'll discover practical procedural tips to ensure your firm's federal cases have the best chance for success. Examine common errors made, get tips to ensure timely filing, analyze pre-trial and trial processes, and apply critical rules of evidence to court events. Gain the knowledge you need to ensure your attorney's success in federal court - register today!
- Apply the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and Evidence to actual court situations.
- Learn dismissal procedures, how to draft motions and initial pleadings and procedures for removing a case to federal court.
- Gain tactics for overcoming hearsay and admissibility challenges.
- Navigate the intricate steps of federal trial, including managing exhibits.
- Discover common mistakes made with schedules and calendaring and how to overcome them.
- Find out the paralegal's role in avoiding waiver of privilege.
- Learn what the most common discovery and ESI mistakes are and how you can avoid them.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will allow attendees to effectively prepare for trial, whether or not it goes to the courtroom. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Critical Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Ethical Considerations
- Applying the Rules of Evidence to Federal Court Events
- Pre-Trial Federal Court Procedures - the Paralegal's Role
- Federal Trial - What a Paralegal Needs to Know
- Common Mistakes Made by Paralegals in Federal Court
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now