Handle Relocation Cases with Confidence and Ease
Do you know best practices for assisting clients who wish to move with a child or contest a relocation? Our seasoned faculty will help you navigate these challenging cases with sureness. From interview/intake and analysis to hearings and post-order matters, gain the knowledge and practical how-to's you need to maximize clients' chances of success. Register today!
- Walk through the procedures and options in a relocation case.
- Know the key factors courts consider when deciding if a parent may relocate.
- Pick up pointers for preparing requests to relocate or responses.
- Find out how to effectively assist with relocation hearing preparation.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course will teach attendees how to handle relocation cases. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Client Interview/Intake - Questions and Documents
- Child's Best Interests - Key Factors Courts Consider
- Procedures and Options in the Relocation Case
- Relocation by Agreement; Modifying the Custody Order and Parenting Plan
- Preparing the Request/Petition to Relocate or the Response
- Relocation Hearings - Preparation and Assistance Pointers
- Troubleshooting Post-Order Issues
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 1.00
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 1.00
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 1.00
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 1.00
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 1.00
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 1.00
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 1.00
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 1.00
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 1.00
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 1.00
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 1.00
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 1.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now