Help Oversee Estates and Trusts with Proper Accounting Practices
Providing regular and accurate accountings is an important responsibility for personal representatives and trustees. Ensure that these clients properly inform beneficiaries of the status of the estate or trust with this comprehensive course. Our experienced faculty will show you accounting practices that you can use to help clients perform their fiduciary duties. You'll learn the basics of estate and trust law, and then apply accepted accounting practices to a variety of situations, including tax returns. You'll cement this new knowledge with a walk-through of a sample inventory and accounting report. Register today!
- Understand the responsibilities of different types of fiduciaries.
- Learn the difference between fiduciary and tax accounting rules.
- Help find and prioritize the estate or trust's beneficiaries.
- Prepare to file the necessary tax forms with ease.
- Recognize the estate and trust practices that require attorney supervision.
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to handle estate and trust accounting. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- What Paralegals Need to Know About Estate and Trust Law
- Accounting Practices for Estates and Trusts
- Preparing the Accounting and Estate Distribution Schedule
- Walk-Through of a Sample Inventory and Accounting Report
- Filing Tax Returns for Estates and Trusts
- Ethics for Estate and Trust Paralegals
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now