QDROs, Discovery in Divorce Litigation, Child Support Calculation Issues and More
Do QDROs have you feeling overwhelmed? Can you confidently navigate the convoluted and complex issues in divorce litigation discovery? In this program, our experienced faculty will provide you with real-world knowhow and strategies for handling some of the biggest conundrums paralegals encounter in family cases. Power up your skills - register today!
- Obtain practical instruction on preparing QDROs and other retirement orders.
- Overcome common struggles in filling out the financial affidavit.
- Become a power user of the child support worksheet.
- Pick up real-world techniques for finding people or hidden assets.
- Walk through business tax returns and the components of a business valuation.
- Get tips for ethically handling difficult family law clients.
Who Should Attend
This advanced level course is designed to give paralegals the knowledge they need to effectively manage challenging family law cases. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs), Other Retirement Orders and IRA Transfers
- Filling Out Financial Affidavits
- Discovery in Divorce Litigation: Advanced Techniques
- Finding Hidden/Dissipated Assets
- Child Support and Alimony/Spousal Support Calculations
- Business Tax Returns and Valuations
- Ethical Conundrums for Family Law Paralegals
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now