E-Discovery Changes Under the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
Update your case management practices and new discovery standards with this comprehensive program. Our experienced faculty will show you the practical impacts of the new FRCP on your daily work - from drafting a discovery plan with your attorney, to reviewing interrogatories, to preventing spoliation. Help your attorney reduce the financial burden of discovery and cooperate with opposing counsel by following the amended rules. Register today!
- Learn how changes to Rule 4(m) are reducing the timeframe for early stage litigation.
- Get tips for drafting an effective Rule 26(a)(1) letter.
- Make sure your discovery requests meet the new proportionality standard.
- Find out how to strategically respond to discovery requests under the new proportionality standard.
- Identify best practices for producing material without compromising privilege.
- Help identify alternative sources of lost ESI to avoid sanctions under Rule 37(e).
Who Should Attend
This intermediate level course provides a comprehensive education on the new Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and their impact on discovery. Those who should attend include:
- Legal Technicians
- Legal Assistants
- Legal Support Staff
- Planning Discovery in Early-Stage Litigation
- Changes to Rule 26: What Paralegals Need to Know
- Making Discovery Requests and Responses Under the Proportionality Standard
- Paralegal's Role in Discovery Production
- New Rules for ESI Preservation and Sanctions
- Ethics in Discovery
Continuing Education Credits
California MCLE Paralegal – California MCLE Paralegal: 6.00 *
DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program – DPA Delaware Certified Paralegal Program: 6.00 *
Florida Registered Paralegal Program – Florida Registered Paralegal: 6.00 *
Indiana Paralegal CLE – Indiana Paralegal CLE: 6.00 *
Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals – Montana CLE Credit for Paralegals: 6.00 *
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.00 *
North Carolina State Bar Board of Paralegal Certification – North Carolina Continuing Paralegal Education: 6.00 *
Ohio Certified Paralegals – Ohio Certified Paralegals: 6.00 *
Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico – Paralegal Division of the State Bar of New Mexico: 6.00 *
TBLS Paralegal Certification – TBLS Paralegal Certification: 6.00 *
Washington State Paralegal Association – Washington State Paralegal Association: 6.00
* denotes specialty creditsRegister Now